[phenixbb] Van der waals interaction in phenix

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 16 08:21:50 PDT 2012

Hi,

two things:

- make sure the altlocs of the residue and water are non-blanc and
*different*. For example: set residue altloc to A and water altloc to B
(if you make then the same they will be pushed apart by non-bonded
repulsion term!); AND

- make sure their occupancies are constrained during refinement such
that: occupancy(residue) + occupancy(water)=1. This can be done either
manually by defining constrained groups as described in the
documentation page below (preferred option) or make sure the water and
residue have the same chain id and residue number.

Let me know if you have any questions or need any help with this!

Pavel