[phenixbb] need help

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jul 25 07:33:40 PDT 2012

On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 4:43 AM, Afshan Begum <afshan490 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am refining my structures in windows mode and every time i got this
> crash message i do not know how to solve this issue? If any one encountered
> this problem kindly suggest me how to solve it. While when i refine with
> refmac the file proceeds smoothly but i want to final refinement in
> phenix due to utilize some parameters.its end like this:

This is either a very serious bug, or you're running out of memory - I
can't tell which (Windows doesn't really work like other OSes), but that
particular piece of code that's crashing does eat up a lot of memory.  In
case it's a bug, could you please send us (off-list!) all of the input
files, including the .eff file written out by the program, so we can try to
reproduce the problem?

You should be able to circumvent the crash by opening the map coefficients
window (third configuration tab) and unchecking "Fill missing F-obs with
F-calc" for all maps you see there.

-Nat