[phenixbb] phenix.refine and torsion-angle ncs

Jeff Headd jjheadd at lbl.gov
Thu Jun 21 07:49:55 PDT 2012

Hi Tony,

It is not necessary to exclude residues when using the torsion angle NCS
restraints, even if they are in different rotamers. The potential used to
restrain related torsions automatically shuts off in cases where the
related torsions are sufficiently different, such as for different
rotameric states.

If you want to firmly exclude them, you can define all your NCS groups such
as:

refinement {
  ncs {
    torsion {
      restraint_group {
        selection = chain A and resseq 1:50
        selection = chain B and resseq 1:49
      }
    }
  }
}

or something similar for your specific case. If you do define your groups,
you have to make sure you define enough groups to cover your entire model.

Jeff