[phenixbb] Phenix version 1.8 released

Paul Adams pdadams at lbl.gov
Fri Jun 22 13:19:42 PDT 2012

Hi Ed,

  we don't have a fixed release schedule - the availability of nightly builds reduces the need for this. However, the general goal is an "official" release every 6 months.
  Internally we do have the concept of target features, but these are not tightly coupled to a release schedule (again, the nightly builds are very effective in rapidly getting new features out to researchers). Of course, sometimes a new feature is not ready for prime time and may not be advertised in a nightly build or official release, even if present for testing purposes.

  Cheers,
	Paul

On Jun 22, 2012, at 1:10 PM, Ed Pozharski wrote:

> Just out of curiosity - does Phenix have fixed release schedule or it has target feature list for every release?
> Ed.

Paul Adams
Deputy Division Director, Physical Biosciences Division, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Division Deputy for Biosciences, Advanced Light Source, Lawrence Berkeley Lab
Adjunct Professor, Department of Bioengineering, U.C. Berkeley
Vice President for Technology, the Joint BioEnergy Institute
Laboratory Research Manager, ENIGMA Science Focus Area

Building 64, Room 248
Tel: 1-510-486-4225, Fax: 1-510-486-5909
http://cci.lbl.gov/paul

Lawrence Berkeley Laboratory
1 Cyclotron Road
BLDG 64R0121