[phenixbb] Secondary Structure Definitions

Antony Oliver Antony.Oliver at sussex.ac.uk
Thu May 3 08:35:23 PDT 2012

Dear all,

Is there a phenix jiffy to assign (and write!) secondary structure definitions to a pdb file?

I'm currently using MacPyMOL to put together some figures, and I can see that some of the secondary structure elements in the cartoon representation aren't being drawn correctly.
Being slightly old-school, I used to use DSSP and the little program dssp2pdb to extract the information and put it into the PDB header.
Is there a simpler / easier way to do this?  (NB: I'm aware that CCP4MG copes better with SS assignment, but I prefer to use PyMOL in this instance).

With thanks,

Tony.

---
Dr Antony W Oliver