[phenixbb] UPDATE-- Difficult dataset and refinement--P422? I422?Twinning?

Zhou, Tongqing (NIH/VRC) [E] tzhou at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 8 10:49:09 PDT 2012

Hi Nat, Kelly, Kay and Jürgen,

I also prefer the I422 with 1 mol/ASU since all the analysis pointed to higher symmetry. I will refine with I422 and report back.

The xtriage log for I422 data says high combined Z-score:

  The quarter of Intensities *least* affected by the anisotropy correction show

    <I/sigI>                 :   3.45e+00

    Fraction of I/sigI > 3   :   4.09e-01     ( Z =     4.02 )

  The quarter of Intensities *most* affected by the anisotropy correction show

    <I/sigI>                 :   1.54e+00

    Fraction of I/sigI > 3   :   7.20e-02     ( Z =    12.06 )

The combined Z-score of    12.71 indicates that there probably is significant

systematic noise amplification that could possibly lead to artefacts in the

maps or difficulties in refinement

______________________

Thanks,

Tongqing

Tongqing Zhou, Ph.D.

Staff Scientist

Structural Biology Section

Vaccine Research Center, NIAID/NIH

Building 40, Room 4609B

40 Convent Drive, MSC3027

Bethesda, MD 20892

(301) 594-8710 (Tel)

(301) 793-0794 (Cell)

(301) 480-2658 (Fax)

The information in this e-mail and any of its attachments is confidential and may contain sensitive information. It should not be used by anyone who is not the original intended recipient. If you have received this e-mail in error please inform the sender and delete it from your mailbox or any other storage devices. National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases shall not accept liability for any statements made that are sender's own and not expressly made on behalf of the NIAID by one of its representatives.