[phenixbb] Partially occupied side chains in special position

Nicholas Keep n.keep at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Tue Sep 4 08:02:43 PDT 2012

I have an ARG which has nice density for its guanadinium group on a 2
fold. This is the same conformer from the two copies.  The occupancy of
this chain is set to 0.5 and a second conformer that does not cross the
two fold is provided.
There is clearly a repulsion term in phenix refines that moves the
quanadinium away from the two fold.  Do the atoms of the guanadinum
group need to have an occupancy of 0.25? Can I specify no repulsion
between these symmetry elements?

Best wishes
Nick

--
Prof Nicholas H. Keep
Executive Dean of School of Science

email     n.keep at mail.cryst.bbk.ac.uk
Telephone 020-7631-6852  (Room G54a Office)
           020-7631-6800  (Department Office)
Fax       020-7631-6803
If you want to access me in person you have to come to the
crystallography entrance
and ring me or the department office from the internal phone by the door