[phenixbb] Adding H atoms - AssertionError

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Sep 5 07:38:12 PDT 2012

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 4:58 AM, Kristof Van Hecke
<kristofrg.vanhecke at gmail.com> wrote:
> I've installed the latest nightly 'phenix-dev-1148', but now I get the
> following error:
>
> "You may not use the PHENIX installation itself as an output directory"
>
> I definitely did not install phenix in my data directory (it's installed
> under /Applications, as all my previous version of phenix).
> Changing the data directory name or trying to create a new project pointing
> to a different directory, does not work,.

Could you please send me the full error message?  The one above is
truncated, which means that it's missing the essential debugging
information that might tell me what's not working.  (You can just send
a screenshot of the error window if that's easiest.)

What the error is telling you (assuming it's not a bug) is that your
project directory is somewhere in /Applications/PHENIX-dev-1148, not
vice-versa.  I changed the GUI so this was prohibited, because 1) a
surprising number of users ended up trying to do this by accident, and
2) bad stuff tends to happen as a result.  But it's entirely possible
that I'm missed something.

-Nat