[phenixbb] restraining covalent links between symmetry related molecules

Dave Lodowski lodowski at gmail.com
Thu Sep 6 12:21:45 PDT 2012

Dear all, I am attempting to add a bond restraint that connects a serine in
one molecule to a carbon located in its symmetry mate in the adjacent unit
cell.

Atom selection 1: chain 'A' and resid ' 230 ' and name ' C  ' and altloc 'A'
Atom selection 2: chain 'A' and resid ' 179 ' and name ' OG  ' and altloc
'A' and (*insert symmetry keyword here*) 'x-1,y,z'
(altloc B in both cases is not covalently attached)

I cannot seem to find a complete description of the atom selection syntax
in the Phenix documentation to specify which symmetry mate. and the gui/
phenix graphics does not have any way to generate symmetry mates.
What is the keyword that specifies a symmetry mate?
Thanks,
Dave Lodowski