[phenixbb] Phenix cut out density labels choice

Randy Read rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Sep 20 04:56:03 PDT 2012

Tom Terwilliger can probably add to this, because he's the author of phenix.cut_out_density.

On the point of the map coefficient labels, it seems sensible that the labels for the cutout density should be different from the input ones, because it is really a different map.  So I'm not surprised that there's a default to call them FWT,PHWT.

I'm not sure why the map you get is not your difference map.  However, there are two things that could be going on here.  First, by default I think that phenix.cut_out_density recenters the cutout map on the center of the mask, so the density may simply have moved.  Second, the sigma level that you have to contour the map at will be very different, so you will have to adjust the contour level to see the same features.

I hope that helps to explain what you're seeing!

Randy Read

-----
Randy J. Read
Department of Haematology, University of Cambridge
Cambridge Institute for Medical Research    Tel: +44 1223 336500
Wellcome Trust/MRC Building                         Fax: +44 1223 336827
Hills Road                                                            E-mail: rjr27 at cam.ac.uk
Cambridge CB2 0XY, U.K.                               www-structmed.cimr.cam.ac.uk