[phenixbb] Combine map labels

Edward A. Berry BerryE at upstate.edu
Fri Sep 21 07:16:05 PDT 2012

Strictly speaking map files don't have column labels, so you are talking about structure factor files. If they
were map files, and if the density of each was essentially zero outside its omitted region, you could simply add
the maps in mapman. But since the FT is a linear operator, you should get the same result adding structure factors
and calculating a map from the (vectorial) sum. perhaps ccp4 icoefl has a mode in which it does not scale but
simply outputs the vectorial sum of up to 4 input SF's.  Or I think SFtools can add SF's.

eab
(!!! WARNING : VERY likely this advice is at least partly WRONG!!! otherwise such a simple solution would have
been suggested already. Someone correct me if so)