[phenixbb] HKL2000 behaved weirdly

Mengbin Chen mengbinc at sas.upenn.edu
Tue Aug 20 11:51:06 PDT 2013

Sorry for being late in replying, but thank you all for your suggestions!
The resolution is ~3 angstroms, so it was quite easy to pick more than 100
peaks for indexing. So I tried to index ~5-6 images at the same time as you
suggested, the Bravais Lattice window appeared (and I reset the beam center
too), but the unit cell dimensions were ~10 angstroms along one axis, which
was not appropriate since the protein is around 40 kDa. I tried to manually
pick peaks for indexing, still cell dimensions were too small to be
properly assigned. I feel the crystal has got severe problems of multiple
lattices and high mosaicity at the same time, which made it hard to index.
I am still playing around with the dataset to see if I can get any luck
with it, so I'll let you know if I can work this out.

Mengbin