[phenixbb] coot add residue issue

Ursula Schulze-Gahmen uschulze-gahmen at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 20 12:18:53 PDT 2013

Heather,

I am using the stand alone version of coot and I am adding terminal
residues all the time. I have the same experience as you do , that the
residue is usually added far away from the end of my chain. I then move it
into a sensible position relative to the chain end and refine the geometry
on coot. I have never seen the residue moving back to its original
position. Perhaps try the stand alone version of coot and see if it works
there for you.

Ursula

On Tue, Aug 20, 2013 at 11:53 AM, Heather L Condurso <condurso at bc.edu>wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> I have been trying to add a residue to my model in coot for hours now.
>  The add terminal residue function adds a residue far from the end of my
> chain and I've tried moving it manually and it keeps going back and it
> never makes a bond between the two amino acids.  Is there a trick in coot
> or a better way to do this in phenix?
>
> Thanks,
> Heather Condurso
> UF-Department of Chemistry