[phenixbb] cyclic peptide refinement

Ryan Spencer rspencer at uci.edu
Thu Dec 12 08:51:47 PST 2013

Hi Wei,

                I used Custom geometry restraints under the Refinement
settings tab in phenix.refine. Select the bond you want to make, the angle
and the plane you want to set. Should look something like this for the bond:

chain 'A' and resid '   1 ' and name ' N  ' and altloc ' '; chain 'A' and
resid '  16 ' and name ' C  ' and altloc ' '.

This will create a bond between the amine at position 1 and the carbonyl at
position 16. Enter the appropriate distance (1.329) and sigma (0.06).

The same can be done for the angle and the plane.

Ryan