[phenixbb] Refining anomalous groups

Brennan Bonnet Brennan.Bonnet at lightsource.ca
Wed Jan 9 12:26:48 PST 2013

Hi All,

I hope everyone had relaxing holidays to begin the new year.  I am back to work trying to refine anomalous groups using phenix.refine.

I have managed to merge my files so that my exptl_fobs_phases_flags_1_with_hl_anom.mtz now contains F(+), SIGF(+), F(-), SIGF(-).

Now I have a new problem which was not occurring before the break.  Usually I check the box for "Anomalous groups", then select "Modify selections for: Anomalous groups" which brings up a screen for atom selection and definition of f' and f''.  In the past, clicking on the View/pick button launches Coot for selection of the atoms.  Sadly, now clicking on the View/pick doesn't launch Coot and instead crashes Phenix.

Does anyone else have this problem or know how to fix it? Please help!

Thanks,
~Brennan~