[phenixbb] Phenix for Ubuntu 12.04

Kay Diederichs Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de
Wed Jan 23 08:22:39 PST 2013

Dear all,

coming from RedHat Linux, I have a difficult time to install the latest
nightly phenix build on a 64bit Ubuntu 12.04 LTS notebook. (I must
confess that I did not try any older or stable releases, like 1.8.1)

The reason why I did not install SL6 on the notebook is that it comes
with Windows installed on fake RAID. Since I don't want to get rid of
Windows completely, and thus can only take half of the disk for Linux, I
wanted to use Ubuntu which offers an alternate installer supporting fake
RAID.

I tried the FC3 binary installer (which is offered by default), as well
as the FC8 FC12 FC14 installers. Installation works, but upon startup
libjpeg.so.62 is missing (libjpeg.so.80 is installed but they are
incompatible).
So I tried the source installer, but that fails with
   ERROR: installation of xrender failed
   ERROR: installation of xft failed
   ERROR: installation of cairo failed
   ERROR: installation of pango failed
   ERROR: installation of gtk failed
   ERROR: installation of gtk-engine failed
   ERROR: installation of wxgtk failed
   ERROR: installation of wxpython failed

So I believe I should apt-get install certain packages. Does anyone know
which ones?

thanks,

Kay
--

Kay Diederichs                http://strucbio.biologie.uni-konstanz.de
email: Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de    Tel +49 7531 88 4049 Fax 3183

This e-mail is digitally signed. If your e-mail client does not have the
necessary capabilities, just ignore the attached signature "smime.p7s".