[phenixbb] Phenix for Ubuntu 12.04

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 23 15:28:09 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Kay Diederichs
<Kay.Diederichs at uni-konstanz.de> wrote:
> After installing that, the GUI starts but I get the error
>
> AssertionError :
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/phenix/phenix-dev-1269/phenix/wxGUI2/MainWindow.py", line 36, in __init__
>     assert self.project is not None

This means you have no project loaded - there are several explanations
for this.  Do you actually have any projects defined already?
Unfortunately it is still a little too easy to get to the point of
starting the main window without setting up projects, but this
immediately crashes.  I think I've figured out what I've done wrong
here, so future builds should not have this problem.  Of course if you
did have projects already, this would be a separate bug.

-Nat