[phenixbb] where is brute rotation output

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Wed Jan 30 15:09:09 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 30, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Ursula Schulze-Gahmen
<uschulze-gahmen at lbl.gov> wrote:
> Has anybody experience with the output from the brute rotation function. I
> ran this and it finished without complaints, but there are no output files
> ***.rlist or ***.sol in the directory. I cannot figure out why and how to
> continue now with the translation function. From the log file it seemed that
> there were peaks that could have been written out.

In Phenix, all of this info (regardless of what mode you ran Phaser
in) is stored internally in a result object buried in the tracking
directory; there are no additional output files because they're not
needed here.  If you want to continue to the translation function, you
simply select the rotation function job from the "Use previous result"
menu, set the mode to translation function, and it will extract the
angles from there.

Since this isn't at all obvious (and not at all like CCP4i), I will
see if I can add a note to the results tab to make it clear how to
proceed.

-Nat