[phenixbb] problem refining Fe-S cluster

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Jul 5 08:03:30 PDT 2013

Hi Ed,

it looks like occupancies and B-factors need to be refined and refined
until convergence. Also, if you apply any distance restraints for
clusters (restrain Fe-S distances) make sure these restraints are
correct. I've seen many cases like this and typically refining
occupancy/b-factors and making sure restraints are correct solves the
problem. I've never seen fixing specific parameters help and I can't
understand logic for doing this.

If you get stuck with this you can send me files off list and I'll have
a look.

Pavel