[phenixbb] give-up-quick Phaser in Rosetta

Terwilliger, Thomas C terwilliger at lanl.gov
Tue Jul 9 09:50:13 PDT 2013

Hi Morten,

Yes, this is a disadvantage of the way mr_rosetta runs for now.  It tries everything, then picks the best.  I can think of two options:

1. Try out phenix.MRage which is optimized to try many things in parallel in MR.  Then take the best one and run mr_rosetta with it.

2. Run separate mr_rosetta jobs for each search model, and when you see one that is working, trash the others.

All the best,
Tom T