[phenixbb] How do I turn off sidechain rotamer fitting?

Owen Pornillos owen at scripps.edu
Mon Jul 15 11:56:19 PDT 2013

Hi Pavel -

Thanks for the reply.

I have a 2.6 A data set that has a dimer in the asymmetric unit, and
so I'm using NCS. Some of the big sidechain densities (LYS, ARG, etc.)
are not well-defined so I'd like to just restrain them to the other
chain. The auto rotamer fitting of course tries to fit them, and the
result is a list of half a dozen or so rotamer violations. I'm going
through the list to see if the density truly defines different
conformations. I think this is just a general run of the mill problem
with fitting/refinement with NCS.

Thanks,

Owen