[phenixbb] How do I turn off sidechain rotamer fitting? (Pavel Afonine)

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 22 10:21:00 PDT 2013

Hi Joel,

from http://www.phenix-online.org/version_docs/dev-1439/CHANGES :

- Local RSR: residue-by-residue, replaces old fix_rotamers option
   - fits both main chain and sidechain
   - only applies to residues with rotamer outlier, poor CC, or clashes
   - new residue fit serves as torsion restrains for subsequent macro-cycle
   - currently not performed when explicit hydrogens present

To turn this off simply exclude real-space refinement from refinement
strategy.

Note, RSR above means Real-Space-Refinement, and not
Reciprocal-Space-Refinement.

Pavel