[phenixbb] EG4 not in phenix dictionary?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Mon Jun 3 14:35:07 PDT 2013

Hi Yarrow,

(***Nigel would normally reply to this but he is away for vacation, so
I'll try to reply***)

phenix.refine uses a subset of CCP4 monomer Library with useless entries
removed ("useless entries" = those that are missing information
mandatory to run refinement).

In Chemical Components library EG2 stands for

AMINODI(ETHYLOXY)ETHYLAMINOCARBONYLBENZENESULFONAMIDE

If that's what you want then getting PDB and CIF files is a matter of
running this command:

phenix.elbow --chemical-component=EG2

If this is not what you want, then find the correct 3-letter code for
your ligand and run the above command using it.

Also, you can use a smiles string, example:

phenix.elbow --smiles
"Nc1ncnc2[n](cnc12)[C@@H]3O[C at H](CO[P@](O)(=O)O[P@@](O)(=O)OP(O)(O)=O)[C@@H](O)[C at H]3O"

Alternatively, you can just take your PDB file with the ligand and run
ReadySet:

phenix.ready_set model.pdb

which will create CIF files for all unknown to Phenix ligands in it.

However, it is still a good idea to make sure that you name your ligand
correctly.

Pavel