[phenixbb] Pseudotranslation issue

Gino Cingolani gino.cingolani at jefferson.edu
Fri Jun 7 03:38:49 PDT 2013

Dear Fulvio,
We just had a similar problem (further complicated by some twinning). Assuming that:
1. You collected enough data and
2. You don't have a crazy number of molecules in the tetragonal asymmetric unit,

I would advice to scale your data in P1 and do MR in P1. Then use conventional refinement + model building to bootstrap a better model (most likely your initial model isn't as good). Rosetta may help, too.

Then eventually go back to the tetragonal data with the improved search model and see if LLG and packing make sense.

Gino
Gino Cingolani, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Thomas Jefferson University
Dept. of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
233 South 10th Street - Room 826
Philadelphia PA 19107
Office (215) 503 4573
Lab    (215) 503 4595
Fax    (215) 923 2117
E-mail:   gino.cingolani at jefferson.edu
Website:  http://www.cingolanilab.org
"Nati non foste per viver come bruti, ma per seguir virtute e
canoscenza" ("You were not born to live like brutes, but to follow
virtue and  knowledge") Dante, The Divine Comedy (Inferno,
XXVI, vv. 119-120)