[phenixbb] refining the anomalous Se in MSE using Phenix Gui

Kenneth A. Satyshur satyshur at wisc.edu
Thu Jun 27 13:32:15 PDT 2013

Sirs:

I am trying to refine the anomalous data in phenix refine. I am using the GUI and I get a box for
the anomalous groups. But I when I put in 'Se' and refine: phenix says 'Sorry'. If I use View, I get all atoms in a viewer. I have
5 molecules of 330 residues each and 25 total Se atoms. I cannot possibly pick them out from the molecular
display. Then I tried to make a heavy atom file with just selenium in it, but on input, it is read as a 'input model' and
when I refine, it says 'duplicate atoms'. Without the anomalous refine, there is a lot of residual Fo-Fc density around the
seleniums in the maps.
How do I enter the 'anomalous group' into phenix refine. What is the syntax? I can find no help file or documentation
on this. Anyone done this before?

thanks

--
Kenneth A. Satyshur, M.S.,Ph.D.