[phenixbb] PHASER-TFZ scores with ensembles higher?

Jan Gebauer jan.gebauer at uni-koeln.de
Fri Jun 28 00:02:40 PDT 2013

Dear Phaser users,

I recently tried to solve two difficult MR jobs by using ensembles in
PHASER.
With ENSEMBLES in this case I mean aligned structures prepared for PHASER
by Phenix.ENSEMBLER.
In both case I got solution with rather high TFZ-score (> 8), which I
couldn't get wit individual structure, but was not able to refine them.

My question is, whether using ensembles would increase the Z-Score without
really improving phases. In other words, if there is another cut-off for
the "Phaser solved it" Z-score, when using ensemble in contrast to single
structures...

Regards,
Jan
--