[phenixbb] Refinement of B-factors at low resolution

vellieux frederic.vellieux at ibs.fr
Sat Mar 23 08:05:25 PDT 2013

Hello,

Both should be approximately the same, i.e. similar (there is a range of
slopes that agree with your Luzzatti plots, depending on where the low
resolution limit is set to compute the slope for example). The
difference you observe is fine. If you had 100 sq A for one and 50 sq A
for the other then I'd start to worry. The two figures you quote are off
by 25%...

HTH,

Fred.

PS this has been discussed before on another crystallographic bb, ccp4bb
(please note that this isn't an advertisement for the ccp4bb)

--
Fred. Vellieux (B.Sc., Ph.D., hdr)
ouvrier de la recherche