[phenixbb] Autobuild

Heather L Condurso condurso at bc.edu
Fri Sep 6 16:14:15 PDT 2013

Tom,

First, I had refine input model before rebuilding turned off.  I thought
this meant whether it would refine before doing anything else which I
didn't really think was necessary but maybe I was wrong.  I found an
autobuild.eff file and it looks like all that was different in my
refinement was that I hadn't selected simulated annealing in autobuild and
had in refine.  I can run it again with these adjusted parameters to see if
I get a better result.

As for the maps, the refine maps are definitely better than the autobuild
maps but not by all that much.  These missing regions are pretty long so
fit_loops hasn't been too helpful.  I also had the problem that once I ran
fit_loops, I would get an error if I tried to put the new pdb file through
refinement.  Something about missing fields but it had only added a residue
here and there across many monomers so I gave up.

I guess what would be helpful to me is how best to use my computing time to
try to get autobuild to get me the best possible model it can.  I can input
my refined structure but what parameters will make autobuild focus on
extending the model to build in the missing regions instead of continually
trying to rebuild a model that is already at a CC=0.90 around the built
atoms?

Thanks,
Heather