[phenixbb] Two ions at same position

Alastair Fyfe afyfe at soe.ucsc.edu
Sat Aug 2 08:36:55 PDT 2014

I also ran into this recently and was puzzled about the correct PDB
encoding. Using the same residue number with differing altloc, atom name
and  element fields seems straightforward but what should the residue
name be ? In my experience not all PDB-processing software is happy with
different residue names  for the same residue number. Is there
definitive PDB  documentation for this case?
thanks,
Alastair