[phenixbb] lower Rfree in phenix.maps compared to phenix.refine and phenix.reciprocal_space_arrays

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Sat Aug 2 09:53:31 PDT 2014

Hi Gregers,

this is confusing I agree, thanks for pointing this out!

phenix.maps applies a correction to bulk-solvent mask to not fill
bulk-solvent into internal "bulk-solvent free" voids in protein; it
reports R-factors after this correction is done. Other tools also do
this correction for the purpose of map calculation but they do not
report corresponding R-factors (after such correction).

I will review this to make reported output clearer.

Pavel