[phenixbb] Alternate sequence

Nigel Moriarty nwmoriarty at lbl.gov
Tue Aug 12 13:06:29 PDT 2014

Elwood

Can you send me the model?

Cheers

Nigel

NB. Any files sent to me will be held in strictest confidence.

On Mon, Aug 11, 2014 at 10:28 AM, Mullins, Elwood A. <
elwood.mullins at vanderbilt.edu> wrote:

>  Hello all,
>
>  I'm having trouble refining a protein-DNA complex in which one of the DNA
> strands has a mixture of two different nucleotides at one position. Both
> are non-standard and require CIF files. I tried assigning each nucleotide
> the same chain identifier and the same residue number but unique alternate
> location identifiers. This didn't work. Phenix refined the model but only
> linked one of the nucleotides with the rest of the chain, pushing the 3' OH
> and 5' phosphate out of the density for the other nucleotide. Coot won't
> even open the model output by Phenix. I assume there's some way to do this.
>
>  Thanks in advance,
>
>  Elwood
>
>  Elwood A. Mullins, Ph.D. <> elwood.mullins at vanderbilt.edu <> tel
> 615.936.5234 <> fax 615.343.6707

Nigel W. Moriarty
Building 64R0246B, Physical Biosciences Division
Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
Berkeley, CA 94720-8235
Phone : 510-486-5709     Email : NWMoriarty at LBL.gov
Fax   : 510-486-5909       Web  : CCI.LBL.gov