[phenixbb] neutron scattering table for specific metal isotope

Leif Hanson leif.hanson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 05:33:58 PST 2014

Tim,
As I understand joint refinement (although Paul Langan and Marat
Mustyakimov can give a better answer), the X-ray data are used to establish
the non-H atom positions, and n0 data to establish H and D positions. From
a practical standpoint, shelx was wonderful for defining the scattering
factors of the atoms. But we had issues with the length of the input file
since we had to create free variables for each of the exchangeable
hydrogens. With more than 400 residues this got a little crazy.
Leif