[phenixbb] compiling phenix from source error

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Mon Dec 8 15:45:32 PST 2014

On Mon, Dec 8, 2014 at 3:39 PM, Maxime Cuypers <maximecuypers at gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2-
> i just need to modify a file in :
> cctbx_project/cctbx/eltbx/neutron.cpp
> can you be more explicit on what i need to do to recompile from the binary
> package to take change into account please?

I can't be much more explicit than (re-)stating the commands - no other
action should be necessary:

"
> cd "`libtbx.show_build_path`"
> libtbx.scons -j NUMBER_OF_PROCESSORS
> "

I'll let Ian deal with the --no-gui crash, but to start with you should
look for a file named compile_phenix.log in the installer directory - this
will probably have some kind of error message.  (Which is very possibly a
bug, since that particular installer feature is not regularly tested.)

-Nat