[phenixbb] how to use phenix.angle command?

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Dec 16 07:32:09 PST 2014

Hi Xiang,

phenix.angle computes angle between two lines. Lines can be define two ways:

- by two pairs of points with each pair defining two points that line
passes through:

phenix.angle model.pdb "chain A and (resseq 1 and name CA or resseq 2
and name CA)" "chain B and (resseq 1 and name CA or resseq 2 and name CA)"

here atom selection
"chain A and (resseq 1 and name CA or resseq 2 and name CA)"
defines two points, and atom selection
"chain B and (resseq 1 and name CA or resseq 2 and name CA)"
defines another two points.

- or alternatively you specify two sets of points (for example two
helices) and the program will output the angle between the longest
principal axes. Example:

phenix.angle model.pdb "chain A" "chain B"

here "chain A" defines first helix, and "chain B" defines second helix.

Pavel