[phenixbb] how to remove hydrogen from pdb

Ryan Spencer rspencer at uci.edu
Thu Feb 6 10:31:44 PST 2014

Hi Afshan,

This is from the documentation online.

http://www.phenix-online.org/documentation/refinement.htm

7.To remove hydrogens from a model:

% phenix.pdbtools model.pdb remove="element H or element D"

or Reduce programs can be used for this:

% phenix.reduce model_h.pdb -trim > model_noH.pdb

We strongly recommend to not remove hydrogen atoms after refinement since it
will make the refinement statistics (R-factors, etc...) unreproducible
without repeating exactly the same refinement protocol.

Ryan