[phenixbb] how to remove hydrogen from pdb

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 6 11:47:06 PST 2014

Hi Afshan,

it not a good idea to do this for reasons explained in great details here:

http://www.phenix-online.org/newsletter/CCN_2012_01.pdf
see "On contribution of hydrogen atoms to X-ray scattering".

Yes, the easiest is

phenix.reduce -trim model_with_h.pdb > model_no_h.pdb

If you do this make sure you update refinement statistics (including
R-factors!).

All the best,
Pavel