[phenixbb] I remind you: Please apply for RapiData 2014, a course on Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS.

Robert Sweet sweet at bnl.gov
Mon Jan 6 10:46:58 PST 2014

We are offering RapiData 2014, the sixteenth offering of our popular course:

       Rapid Data Collection and Structure Solving at the NSLS: A Practical
              Course in Macromolecular X-Ray Diffraction Measurement

The course will be held 27 April - 2 May 2014:
http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/. Students could be at any level from advanced
undergraduate to full professor. The course should accommodate 48 students
total.  We encourage all students to bring their own specimens for data
collection, and to bring old data for the data-reduction and
structure-solving tutorials.

Please read the Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/. You'll see
that many experts in the field will be available for lectures and tutorials. In
addition to MX there will be opportunity for learning about correlated MX and
spectroscopy, and SAXS.  You'll find the application materials on the Course
Application tab at this site.

For the twelfth time we will hold a short lecture course on the fundamentals of
crystallography for roughly five hours on Sunday 27 April. The body of the
RapiData course really requires that students have a healthy knowledge of
crystallography.  For potential students who have some experience but are shaky
about fundamentals, this course will help. There will be an additional fee for
the fundamentals course, to pay for Saturday night accomodations and food on
Sunday morning and noon.

Latin American Scientists: Several scholarships are available, from the
International Union of Crystallography, to pay partial travel and subsistence
costs for Latin-American students and junior faculty (no more than 30 yrs).
Please apply for the course, and then contact R. Sweet (sweet at bnl.gov) if you
are interested in applying for a scholarship.

In accordance with the standards of the International Union of
Crystallography, we observe the basic policy of non-discrimination,
affirming the right and freedom of scientists to associate in
international scientific activity without regard to such factors as
citizenship, religion, creed, political stance, ethnic origin, race,
colour, language, age, or gender, in accordance with the Statutes of the
International Council for Science.  At this course no barriers will exist
beyond the application procedure that would prevent the participation of
bona fide scientists.

Please apply yourself, or send your students to our course,

Bob Sweet, Sonya Kiss, and Alex Soares

Course Announcement at http://www.bnl.gov/RapiData/

          Robert M. Sweet                 E-Dress: sweet at bnl.gov
          Group Leader, PXRR: Macromolecular               ^ (that's L
            Crystallography Research Resource at NSLS            not 1)
            http://px.nsls.bnl.gov/
          Photon Sciences and Biosciences Dept
          Office and mail, Bldg 745, a.k.a. LOB-5
          Brookhaven Nat'l Lab.           Phones:
          Upton, NY  11973                631 344 3401  (Office)
          U.S.A.                          631 344 2741  (Facsimile)