[phenixbb] Anisotropic B-factor restraints

Elke De Zitter Elke.DeZitter at chem.kuleuven.be
Thu Jun 26 06:31:53 PDT 2014

Dear Pavel

I played with wxu_scale and wu several times. When wu = 0, this unrestrained refinement results in totally unrealistic ADP's. However, if I use wu = 1, wu = 5 or wu = 20, I always get the same results. Is this normal? On the bottom of this e-mail, you can find the target weight settings (for wu = 20).

Kind regards
Elke

target_weights {
    optimize_xyz_weight = False
    optimize_adp_weight = False
    wxc_scale = 0.5
    wxu_scale = 1
    wc = 1
    wu = 20
    fix_wxc = None
    fix_wxu = None
    shake_sites = True
    shake_adp = 10
    regularize_ncycles = 50
    verbose = 1
    wnc_scale = 0.5
    wnu_scale = 1
    rmsd_cutoff_for_gradient_filtering = 3
    force_optimize_weights = False
    weight_selection_criteria {
      bonds_rmsd = None
      angles_rmsd = None
      r_free_minus_r_work = None
      r_free_range_width = None
      mean_diff_b_iso_bonded_fraction = None
      min_diff_b_iso_bonded = None

Elke De Zitter

PhD student, KU Leuven

Biochemistry, Molecular and Structural Biology

Celestijnenlaan 200f - bus 2404, 3001 Leuven

Room 00.84, +32 16 3 26530