[phenixbb] Multiprocessor refine

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Sun Mar 23 10:02:41 PDT 2014

On Sun, Mar 23, 2014 at 9:36 AM, Kenneth A. Satyshur <satyshur at wisc.edu>wrote:

> The FAQ on the web says that phenix.refine uses multiprocessors, yet only
> phenix.autobuild seems to use MP.
> Do I need a special version of Phenix? I am using GUI 1.8.4-1496

Only the weight optimization and a few other routines are parallelized in
phenix.refine (and only on Mac/Linux).  If you're not using weight
optimization, the multiprocessing will make almost no difference in
runtime.  AutoBuild will usually be parallel because it's actually running
multiple independent and slightly different builds and picking the best
results.

-Nat