[phenixbb] phenix start-up error !

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu May 1 06:29:45 PDT 2014

On Thu, May 1, 2014 at 1:13 AM, abhisek Mondal <abhisek.mndl at gmail.com>wrote:

> Ya! I am running it from source but still it takes a long time. I am
> wondering whether this is because of my processor(intel Pentium D) speed.

Phenix is huge, especially with the many dependencies, so it always takes a
while to compile - this is one of the main reasons why we usually
discourage use of the source installer.  If you have multiple CPU cores,
you can parallelize it by adding "--nproc=X" to the install arguments,
where "X" is the number of cores to use.

-Nat