[phenixbb] Occupancy refinement troubles

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Wed May 7 07:31:38 PDT 2014

Hi Jeff,

phenix.refine default behavior of occupancy refinement is described in
great details here:

http://www.phenix-online.org/version_docs/1.9-1690/reference/refinement.html#occupancy-refinement

It describes command line scenario but it fully applicable to the GUI as
well.

If you do not wan to refine ligand occupancy just set it to 1 for all atoms.
If you want to refine partial occupancy for the ligand (one occupancy
for all atoms, NOT individual occupancy for each atom), just set
occupancy to some number less than 1 to all atoms in the ligand.

Then phenix.refine will recognize what you want autocratically , no need
to set any parameters.

Please let me know if you have any questions or need any help with this.

Pavel