[phenixbb] Using command-line Phenix from the Mac graphical installer

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Tue May 13 13:00:52 PDT 2014

A public service announcement: the graphical installer gives you access to
all of the same tools as the command-line installer.  The only differences
are a) the location, and b) we remove some of the bulkier data files that
are not required for normal operation.  (Which means that the graphical
installation is actually about 300MB smaller.)  Instructions are here:

https://www.phenix-online.org/version_docs/1.9-1692/install-setup-run.html#setting-up-the-command-line-environment

In general, I recommend that all (64-bit) Mac users run the graphical
installer unless you absolutely need Phenix to go somewhere other than
/Applications.

(I know that some of you are already aware of this, but I've had to make
this same suggestion twice already today, and the command-line installer is
more work to support, thank you Apple.)

-Nat