[phenixbb] CB outliers

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Fri Nov 7 02:08:02 PST 2014

The problem of all these metrics is that they are binary: YES (=outlier)
or NO (=not an outlier).

You may be 1.e-5 or so (just making up a number) away from NO but the
program may still consider it as outlier. And obviously you will not see
that different on graphics (in Coot for instance).

This is exactly why I don't particularly like functions with kinks and
instead prefere smoothly differentiable ones!

Phenix.refine uses CB restraints by default, so unless you disabled it
or your model is very poor, you should not have these outliers after
refinement (again, normally).

Pavel