[phenixbb] Ringer

Ivan IVANOV ivanov at embl.fr
Sun Nov 9 07:27:42 PST 2014

Dear All,

   I am trying to use ringer with a model I have. I followed the
tutorial for Calmodulin and it worked very well for my protein.
(http://bl831.als.lbl.gov/ringer/ringer/Tutorial/tutorial.htm). Now I
have all files sigma vs chi angles for the residues I want and also the
list of peaks identified above the sigma cutoff I selected.
   I am struggling to analyse the outputs as it is shown on the
calmodulin exemple.

   I found this website
(http://bl831.als.lbl.gov/ringer/ringer/Documentation/ringerManual.htm#Userparameters) which is explaining very briefly how to plot all different conformation vs chi angles and how to show all selected amino acid conformation in the electron density (4.4 Plotting Accessory).
   I have to admit that this is not straigthforward for me to plot all
outputs in a comprehensive way.
   Does anyone of you have a script to run with ringer outputs and get
the final figures as it is shown on both websites ??

   Kind regards,
 Ivan

--
Ivan Ivanov, PhD
PostDoctoral fellow at EMBL, European Molecular Biology Laboratory,
Email: ivanov at embl.fr