[phenixbb] Rwork > Rfree

Ed Pozharski ccp4pozharski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 20 07:08:35 PST 2014

Generate a different test set and repeat refinement. Do it twenty times. If R turns out to be systematically higher than Rfree even in few resolution shells, you have an interesting case worth looking at. If not, it's just noise.

Sent on a Sprint Samsung Galaxy S® III

While depositing a structure in PDB, I observed that Rwork was more than Rfree in the highest resolution shell and in a few more shells as well. I shall be delighted if somebody can suggest me the reasons and also what should I do now.

With regards,
Bishal
PhD student,
DKFZ, University of Heidelberg, Germany