[phenixbb] COOT and default dictionary

Nathaniel Echols nechols at lbl.gov
Thu Oct 16 14:14:10 PDT 2014

On Thu, Oct 16, 2014 at 1:27 PM, Yazan Abbas <yazan.abbas at mail.mcgill.ca>
wrote:

> I was trying to troubleshoot this and it seems to be a problem related to
> the FEM map only. When I open my FEM.mtz and do RSR in coot it works well
> if I choose the 2mFoDfc map but not the FEM map. I'm still not sure why it
> stopped working since coot was behaving normally just yesterday. Maybe it
> had something to do with the cif file I tried to import earlier (see

Just a guess: I think a lot of the functionality in Coot expects the map(s)
to be on an absolute scale - certainly this is the case for the plot of
density quality per-residue.  The 2mFo-DFc map should be on the appropriate
scale, but the feature-enhanced map may not be.

PS I'm replying to my previously sent message, I hope it ends up in the
> same thread...

It was never sent to the list, because you weren't subscribed at the time.

-Nat