[phenixbb] anomalous signal

Matteo Colombo Matteo-Maria.Colombo at ibs.fr
Mon Oct 20 05:44:30 PDT 2014

Hello,
I was wondering if the f'' determined by XANES experiment is
quantitatively significant and if it can be contributed by two different
anomalous scatterers.

For example in my protein I know that Co and Zn are present. In theory,
at Zn absorption edge, I have a contribution from Co too. If I perform a
XANES experiment to determine Zn absorption edge and I obtain a f'' of
5.87, does this value correspond to only Zn signal or to a sum of Zn+Co?

Thanks a lot

Matteo

--
Matteo Colombo PhD
Groupe Extremophile et grands assemblages moléculaire