[phenixbb] problem reading FEM into coot

Georg Mlynek georg.mlynek at univie.ac.at
Sun Sep 7 13:25:43 PDT 2014

Hi John, additionally

you can  add the following to your ~/.coot.py file:

set_auto_read_column_labels("FEM", "PHIFEM", 0)

Then Auto-Open will work.

The .coot.py is a hidden file and stored in home/myname/ at least in ubuntu?

Georg.

On 09/07/2014 09:51 PM, Pavel Afonine wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> it does not open via Auto Open MTZ.
>
> start Coot then
>
> File -> Open MTZ, mmCIF, fcf or phs -> the choose FEM,PHIFEM (there
> are two Fourier maps in this file : FEM and usual 2mFo-DFc).
>
> Pavel
>
> On 9/7/14 11:14 AM, Tanner, John J. wrote:
>> Has anyone had problems reading feature enhanced map mtz files into
>> coot?  I made an FEM on a linux computer with phenix.fem, which
>> created an mtz file:
>>
>> -rw-r--r-- 1 tannerjj tanner 10760960 Sep  7 12:21 fem.mtz
>>
>> As you can see, the mtz file is not empty.  The fem job appeared to
>> have ended normally, since the last line in the out file is
>>
>> FEM loop: done so far: 100%Time: 3112.3967
>>
>> However, when I read this mtz into coot, the map does not appear.
>>  There is no error message from coot. I tried autoinput mtz and read
>> mtz.  I'm using coot on a mac.   I have not tested with coot on Linux.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> Jack Tanner
>>

>> John J. Tanner, PhD
>> Professor of Biochemistry and Director of Graduate Admissions and
>> Recruitment
>> Professor of Chemistry (Joint Appointment)
>> University of Missouri-Columbia
>> 125 Chemistry Building
>> Columbia, MO  65211
>> email: tannerjj at missouri.edu <mailto:tannerjj at missouri.edu>
>> phone: 573-884-1280
>> fax: 573-882-2754
>> http://faculty.missouri.edu/~tannerjj/tannergroup/tanner.html
>> <http://faculty.missouri.edu/%7Etannerjj/tannergroup/tanner.html>

Mlynek Georg
University of Vienna
Department of Computational and Structural Biology Max F. Perutz Laboratories
Campus Vienna Biocenter 5 level -2
1030 Vienna Austria

e-mail: georg.mlynek at univie.ac.at
mobil: +43 660 42 195 07