[phenixbb] Fo-Fc omit map for ligand in the protein-ligand structure

Pavel Afonine pafonine at lbl.gov
Tue Sep 16 09:22:11 PDT 2014

Hi Dale,

your points are all very good!

Let's have a look at this at a different angle though. Bulk-solvent is
part of the model: it is the model for the other "half" of the unit cell
volume that is not interpreted in terms of individual atoms.

If ligand is not built yet this means the program will use an incorrect
model (bulk-solvent) to describe ligand's region. Isn't it introducing a
bias?! I would think so.

Pavel