[phenixbb] refinement problem

Sneha Rangarajan rsneha at umd.edu
Tue Sep 30 14:19:51 PDT 2014

Thanks for your response.

My protein has two chains linked by a linker.
So as per your suggestion, I used a homologous protein, split the two chains (as 2 different pdbs) and trimmed each one of them using sculptor.

I then tried doing Phaser MR (p212121) with 1) both chains together (as two ensembles): It gave a solution with LLG:145 and TFZ: 4.7. However the density of one of the chains was very good while that for the other chain was poor!
So I tried another approach-2) I did MR with just that chain (the one that looks good) and got a solution with good looking map (LLG:136, TFZ=13.7). Then I tried fixing that solution and asked Phaser to look for one copy of the other chain. However the results remained the same.

It probably sounds crazy but is there any way to use the molecule found in p21 to find the solution in p212121?

I am sending the log files to that email id. Could you please take a look?

Thanks,
Sneha